ggf

A Skinny Guy's Guide to Body Building

We have all seen the old ads, like the Charles Atlas "the insult that made a man out of Mack." They are usually about the skinny guy getting sand kicked in his face by a beach bully. When he says somethings, the bully grabs him and proceeds to publicly humiliate the skinny guy in front of the skinny guy's date and strangers. To add insult to injury, his date refers to him as a "little boy" and sashays away in search of a "real man."

Body Building

Angry, the skinny guy, Mack, sends away for the Charles Atlas muscle building course. "A short time later," Mack is ripped with muscles, goes back to the beach and punches the big bully in the face with a straight right punch. Mack's date is the same girl who bad mouthed him earlier. This time, she says, "Oh Mack, you are a man after all."



O.K. Sports fans. Reality check here. These ads are partially true. Yes, the high school girls do want to mate with the alpha males and thugs will pick on the skinny guy. But, packing on muscles "in a short time" is very rare without some extreme lifestyle changes (and steroids). And skinny guys are typically hyper. I know.

So, how did I gain 40 pounds of muscle?

1. I stopped trying to eat everything. I focused on two to three good, high protein meals a day.

2. I minimized consuming milk, wheat and sugar. This took me a couple of years and I still have relapses. But, when I cut out the mentioned substances, I became calmer and ate more real food.

3. I ate mostly protein and vegetables. The Food Guide propaganda about eating 5 to 12 grain (wheat) products per day is based on a food policy guide to use up more wheat. Grain is usually used to fatten up cows. Stick to oats, brown rice, millet and barley.

4. Most important of all, I started sleeping more. I would go to bed 30 minutes earlier at night and felt better for it.

5. I practised being calmer. Even though I grew up with an alcoholic parent and was nervous about my safety at home and at school, I forced myself to nap, meditate or take a walk, at least 20 minutes per day.

6. I switch from exercising constantly to running two miles a day and strength training only twice a week. I actually became stronger lifting weights TWICE a week than every day or three times a week. The exception was a six-day plan that worked a different body part each day.

7. I learned to train intensely for a short period of time. Instead of pushing for more and more exercise, I trained hard for up to 45 minutes and then stopped. After about 45 minutes the training becomes counter productive. By over-training, my body kept going past the rebuild mode into life support mode. I was too busy surviving than rebuilding. This is very typical of skinny people. They are so used to being high-strung, they instinctively seek out that nervous sensation. Get away from it.

8. I learned patience. Your efforts will pay off and you will be ready for the next beach bully who tries to push you around. Trust me on this.




Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Doug_Setter

ggf

About ggf

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :