ggf

The Flavorful Benefits of Juicing for Weight Loss

The number 1 qualifier for a good weight loss program for me is "flavor." To stick with a diet I have to have flavorful food to look forward to. Also important are nutrition, health, and plentiful food variety. That's why I have become a huge fan of juicing for weight loss because that one simple process covers all the bases.
juicing for weight loss

In regard to flavor... diets are commonly bland, boring, and tasteless. Fat free products could easily be used as a substitute for rubber. Forget about fat free cheese, mayonnaise, and hot dogs.



If you have read any of my articles on weight loss you know by now that I advocate development of customized personal diets. I also believe that most of us are smart enough to know what's really good for us. We have chosen the way we eat based on pleasure rather than health and nutrition. But deep down inside we have a pretty good idea what needs to be done and where we've made our mistakes.

If we will just take what we already know and add to it a little study time on good health practices we will be armed with everything needed for assembling a customized plan that we can live with which will produce weight loss and improved health.

There is one tool (appliance) that has made healthy eating pleasurable for me. In fact, I use it more than any other appliance in my kitchen. That tool is a blender (more specifically a Vita-mix). The purpose of this article is not to recommend a particular product (imagine that, I'm not selling anything) but I do recommend getting the finest products you can afford. Some of the low end versions of these products are junk. You get what you pay for.

I also own a good juicer but I don't use it nearly as much as the blender. The primary reason is that the juicer pulls out a lot of the fiber that is really needed in the diet. No doubt there are benefits to both but the healthiest juicing will always be accomplished in blender.

Tip: If you do invest in a juicer save the resulting pulp from your vegetable juices to use in making a base for your soups.

One of my great loves is ice cream. I don't know who invented ice cream but this person deserves a special place in the history of mankind. Good news. With a high quality blender you can have as much ice cream as you want...whenever you want. Sometimes I even have ice cream for breakfast!

Homemade ice cream is so easy to make in your blender. I know right now some Vita-mix owner is taking my name in vane since I dared to call a Vita-mix a blender. Sure looks like one to me. Just super charged.

So, here's my favorite ice cream recipe and it is so incredibly easy to make. First, dump 2 to 3 cups of frozen strawberries, one half banana, and a half cup of your favorite light yogurt into your blender. Then pour in a half cup of almond milk (or skim milk). For sweetener I use Stevia and sometimes a little honey. Then just turn on the blender and the magic begins.

The Vita-mix has a superfast setting that pulverizes the little seeds in strawberries and produces ice cream that is super smooth and firm just like high quality ice cream.

For variety use different kinds of fruit. Berry combinations and tropical fruit combinations are particularly flavorful. With berry combinations I like to add a little orange juice for added flavor and eliminate the yogurt.

I have also learned that homemade soups are flavorful. Vegetable soup is my favorite and with the help of the blender you can whip up some pretty impressive pureed soups.

Between the ice cream and the soup you have added not only flavor but also nutritious fruits and vegetables. Then, snack on fresh fruit and fresh salads and voila...you have taken on a healthy diet that will definitely result in weight loss and better health.

Don't count calories. Don't take shots or pop pills. And don't pay for an expensive diet program. Just eat good healthy nutritious FLAVORFUL food. With a little creativity and imagination you will have a custom diet that will last you for a lifetime and you will experience your best health ever.




Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Richard_Weirich

ggf

About ggf

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :