ggf

Low Calorie Banana Bread Recipe - Uses Artificial Sweetener

I recently got a bread maker and it has been awesome. The downside is I recently started eating better in order to get rid of some of these extra pounds before Christmas. It's kind of hard to lose weight while making bread in the bread maker. I came up with a really good Banana Bread recipe and I wanted to share it with you all. The benefit of this recipe compared to the normal, "sugared" recipe is that this uses an artificial sweetener. That cuts the calories to 1/3 of the normal amount and saves a lot of precious calories.



The hard part about eating low calorie food is that it usually tastes bad. This recipe, on the other hand, does not taste bad at all-it tastes exactly like normal sugared banana bread. Whenever I have made it for friends and family (2 or 3 times so far), they have never known that it was a low carb, low, calorie substitute of a real version of Banana Bread.

Anyway, onto the recipe. Make sure you follow it exactly how I wrote it and I'm sure you'll soon be enjoying the sweet taste with 1/3 the calories!

Ingredients
  1. 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
  2. ½ cup of your favorite sugar substitute
  3. 1 teaspoon baking powder
  4. ½ teaspoon baking soda
  5. 1 pinch salt
  6. 1 1/4 cup of mashed ripe bananas (You have to wait until they're ripe!)
  7. 1 tablespoon canola oil
  8. 1/3 cup nonfat, skim milk
  9. 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
  10. 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Combine lemon juice with milk and let stand for 5 minutes
  • Blend dry ingredients
  • Add oil, milk mixture, and vanilla to mashed bananas and mix well.
  • Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients and stir.
  • Pour batter into a non-stick pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until ready.

It's 1/3 less calories than any other banana bread that I've had in the past but no one I've ever given it to ever realizes it. That's it folks, I just wanted to share this awesome recipe. You can see how simple the recipe is but somehow I manage to ruin it from time to time because my oven is so inconsistent. I started using my Panasonic bread maker to make it and it turns out perfectly every time. In the same vane as a rice cooker, the bread maker makes sure the product is the same every time. I couldn't live with out it. I hope you enjoy it!




Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Eric_Ellenbrook

ggf

About ggf

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :